About Alphalan 5mg
Alphalan 5mg Tablet is used to treat patients who have cancer. It has been known to increase the risk of developing other cancers. It may cause a severe decrease in your blood cell counts, which could lead to you developing anemia or bleeding problems, and lower the ability of your immune system to combat any infections. This increases your chances of developing a serious infection, or of worsening a previously existing one. Immediately consult your doctor if you develop any unusual growths or lumps, persistent sore throat or fever or chills, any signs of infection, frequent and unusual bleeding and/or bruising, or unexplained fatigue or weakness. Alphalan 5mg works could affect fertility in both men and women, and make it harder for them to have a child after treatment. Also, taking this medicine during pregnancy could possibly result in birth defects of the baby.
This medicine is to be taken by mouth, administered once in a day. Unless told otherwise by your doctor, drink plenty of fluids to prevent any side effects. Alphalan 5mg dosage prescribed by your doctor is on the basis of your medical condition and your response to treatment. Make sure that you do not overdose on this medicine.
Uses of Alphalan Tablet
Alphalan Tablet side effects
How to use Alphalan Tablet
How Alphalan Tablet works
Expert advice for Alphalan Tablet
- Melphalan to be taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. Drink at least two to three quarts of fluid every 24 hours, unless you are instructed otherwise.
- You may be at risk of infection so try to avoid contact with people with cold, fever or any other signs of infection.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight. Use sunscreen lotion and protective clothing.
- You may be monitored periodically for complete blood counts (at least one determination prior to each treatment course) during the course of treatment.
- Melphalan may increase the risk that you will develop other cancers. Talk with your doctor about the risks of taking melphalan.
- Do not take live vaccines if you are an immunocompromised patient.
- Use of Alphalan 5mg is not recommended in children.
- Use with melphalan extreme caution if your bone marrow reserve have been compromised by prior irradiation or chemotherapy, or if your marrow function is recovering from previous cytotoxic therapy.
- Use appropriate contraceptive methods to avoid pregnancy during melphalan treatment.
For More information to visit our Site :- Medypharma.com