Uses of Temonat 250 mg capsule is used in adults and in children above 3 years of age to treat certain specific types of brain tumor such as glioblastoma multiforme (malignant grade IV brain tumor) or anaplastic astrocytoma (grade III brain tumor). It is usually used together with radiotherapy or other medications and is generally given after other cancer medicines have been tried without success.
How it works:
Temonat 250mg capsule is an antitumor drug and belongs to a class of medications called alkylating agents. It works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells in the body.
Common side effects:
Side effects of Temonat 250mg Nausea, Pale colored skin, Altered vision, Memory impairment, Confusion, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Fainting, Fever, Hair loss, Headache, Insomnia, Loss of appetite, Balance disorder (loss of balance), Coordination impaired, Sore mouth, Sore throat, Vomiting, Weakness
Interaction for Temonat:
Food : It is better to take this medicine empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
Alcohol : Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Pregnancy : It is unsafe to use during pregnancy. Human and animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus. The potential benefits may warrant the use in pregnant women despite potential risks. Please consult your doctor.
Lactation : It is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Expert advice for Temonat:
• Swallow full tablets on an empty stomach, one hour before your meal.
• Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Consult your doctor if you develop symptoms of opportunistic infections (such as Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia) and reactivation of infections (such as hepatitis B virus) Using temozolomide may increase your risk of developing certain types of bone marrow cancer. Be aware about your specific risk.
• You may be given medication to prevent nausea or other side effects while you are receiving temozolomide.
• Your blood will be tested frequently during treatment to monitor the side effects of temozolomide on your blood cells as you may have a small risk of other changes in blood cells, including leukemia.
• Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury. Use extra care to prevent bleeding while shaving or brushing your teeth.
• Do not drink alcohol while taking temozolomide.
• Do not drive or operate machinery while using temozolomide as it may make you tired or sleepy.
• Both male and female patients should take effective contraceptive precautions during and after 6 months of treatment. Male patients should seek advice on conservation of sperm prior to treatment as temonat 250mg price treatment may cause infertility.
For More information to visit our Site Medypharma.com