Indications and usage:
Sorafenib is specified for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC), Hepatocellular carcinomas (HCC) and thyroid cancer.
Dosage and Administration:
– Recommended dose
• Sorafenib should always be taken under the recommendation of a doctor; the amount of medicine depends on various factors; though 200 mg is widely prescribed.
• Sorafenib tablets work have to be taken without food i.e. at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating.
– Method of Administration:
Usually, 2 tablets of Sorafenat 200 mg price each should be taken orally twice a day without food. Treatment interruption may be needed to manage suspected adverse drug reactions. Its dose may be reduced to 400 mg once daily or 400 mg every other day.
– Missed dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember, but at least 2 hours since your last meal. Skip the missed dose if you are scheduled to take the next dose shortly. Do not take extra medicine to compensate the loss caused by the missed dose.
According to the clinical research, the highest dose of Nexavar is extended to 800 mg twice daily. The reactions observed at this dose were primarily diarrhea. No information is available related to the possible symptoms of acute overdose in animals because of the saturation of absorption in oral acute toxicity studies are conducted in animals.
Forms and Strengths:
Sorafenib is available in the form of a tablet in the following strengths:
- Sorafenat 200 mg
- Sorafenat 200 mg
Sorafenib tablet side effesct is contraindicated in patients with known severe hypersensitivity to or any other component of Sorafenib.
Warnings and precautions:
- Before Buy Sorafenib online, tell your doctor about any other medications or treatment you are taking including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.
- Sorafenib and some other medicines collectively taken can cause serious side effects. So, tell your doctor if you have taken any medicine.
- Neglect aspirin or products containing aspirin until or unless your doctor specifically permits it.
- While taking Sorafenib do not receive any kind of vaccination or immunization without your doctor’s approval.
- Sorafenib treatment may be hazardous to the fetus. So those women who are pregnant or become pregnant must be advised of the potential hazard to the fetus. Take advice from your doctor before starting this treatment.
- For both men and women: Use contraceptives, and do not conceive a child (get pregnant) while taking Sorafenib. Barrier methods of contraception, such as condoms and pill are recommended.
- Do not breastfeed while taking this medication.
- Hand – foot syndrome (Palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia or PPE)
- Skin rash, swelling, redness, pain and/or peeling of the skin on the palms of the hands and soles of feet.
- Hair loss (thinning or patchy hair loss)
- High blood pressure
- Low white blood cell count
- Poor appetite
- Increased amylase/lipase blood counts
- Weight loss
- Low phosphorus level
- Shortness of breath
- Numbness, tingling or pain in hands and feet.
- Low platelet count. This could increase your risk for bleeding
- Dry skin
- Abdominal pain
- Bone, muscle, joint pain
Sorafenib rarely causes serious heart problems, including heart attack, compared to (0.4%) in placebo group.
You will come across some more side effects while browsing for Sorafenat 200 mg online.
UGT1A1 (e.g. irinotecan) and UGT1A9 substrates: Caution, drug AUC increases when co-administered with Nexavar.
Take caution if docetaxel AUC increases when co-administered with Nexavar.
Doxorubicin AUC increases when co-administered with Nexavar.
Fluorouracil AUC changes when co-administered with Nexavar.
CYP3A4 inducers: Expected to increase metabolism of Sorafenib and decrease Sorafenib concentrations.
Sorafenib tosylate is an active ingredient. Sorafenib blocks some of the protein kinases that encourages cancer cells to grow. It stops the growth of cancer forming cells.
Sorafenib tablets should be kept in a room temperature between 68° F to 77° F (20° C to 25° C) in a dry place.