Stavir 30Mg Capsule is used along with a combination of a number of other medicines in order to treat the HIV disease. It is an antiviral medicine of the nucleoside analogue type. It is known to interfere with the production ability of virus, thereby inhibiting the growth and spread of disease. The Stavir 30Mg Capsule drug may not be administered to you if you are allergic to any ingredient of the drug, if you suffer from lactose intolerance, lactic acidosis or an enlarged liver.
How to use Stavir Capsule
How Stavir Capsule works
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Stavudine, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Stavudine, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
What are the storage instructions for Stavir 30 mg ?
Patients must properly store the drug to retain its quality and efficacy. Following storage instructions will be helpful in storing the drug in the best of manner.
- Store Stavudine at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F); excursions permitted to 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F).
• Consider storing your medications separately from your other family members. This will make it less likely that you take the wrong ones by mistake.
• Make sure to always keep your medicine in an area of your home that is out of the reach of children and pets.
• Store Stavir in the original package in order to protect from moisture.
- Is It safe with alcohol?
- Are there any pregnancy warnings?
Stavir 30mg capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies.